打印 上一主题 下一主题

如何让消费者谈论你的品牌?少承诺,多兑现

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-2-18 07:07:06 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
nobylee于2012-02-17 22:22:17翻译
当公司的行为超出他们的承诺时,能让人产生难忘的经历,甚至对他们一生的习惯造成影响。

In a small restaurant in Shinjiku, a suburb of Tokyo, I ordered sake. First, the waitress placed a small wooden box in front of me. Then she arrived with a large tray carrying 40 cups. Each one, she explained, represented a different personality. I chose a blue cup, which she removed from her tray and carefully placed in the box.
我在日本郊区新宿的一家饭馆里,点了日本米酒。首先,女服务员在我的面前放了一个小木箱。然后,她端来一个大托盘,里面装着40个杯子。她向我解释说,每个杯子代表了一种独特的个性。我选了一个蓝色的杯子,她将其从托盘中拿出,放在了木箱里。
As she began to pour the traditional drink into my small blue cup, things took a decidedly unusual turn. I had, as most would guess, expected her to stop below the rim. Instead she continued pouring, the clear liquor overflowing into the wooden box. And then, when most of the cup was submerged, she stopped, smiled, bowed, and said, "Enjoy."
当她向我的蓝杯中倒入这种传统饮料时,事情突然变得有点异常。大多数人和我一样,会以为当酒略低于杯缘的时候,她就会停止倒酒。相反,她却继续倒,直到酒在木箱中四溢。然后,当杯子的一大半都浸在酒中的时候,她才停了下来,向我微笑并鞠躬说,“请慢用。”
As I nimbly attempted to fish for the cup, I asked her why she had poured so much. Her answer surprised me. She said, "Martin-san, I do this to show gratitude--to deliver a little bit more than what you expect."
于是,我一边敏捷地从池中捞杯子,一边问服务员为什么要倒这么多酒出来。她说:“Martin先生,我这么做是为了表示感激--比你的预期多做一点点。”
Do you remember the last time you got more than you expected? Perhaps you were shopping for groceries or even buying something online. Am I right in assuming that, rare as these occasions are, when they happen you don't forget them? When I was a kid, I was a devoted Lego builder, collecting box after box. I came to realize that Lego always placed a few extra bricks inside the box, bricks never accounted for on the list of inventory. Over the years I began to accumulate a secret collection of Lego's gifted bricks. Funnily enough, I valued this collection above all others. It took on a kind of sacred quality.
还记得你上次所得超过预期的时候吗?也许是你购买杂货,甚或上网买东西的时候。即使这种情况很少发生,但我想你应该经历过就不会忘记吧?我小的时候是个虔诚的乐高顾客,一盒又一盒地收集乐高积木。我后来意识到,乐高在每个盒子里都会放一些额外的积木块,而这并不出现在库存清单上。多年以来,我开始收集这些额外的积木块,当做秘密收藏。有趣的是,在所有积木收藏中,我最重视这一个。这些积木块,好像有某种神圣的品质。
Some years later, I visited the factory and the manager told me that those extra bricks were more a matter of practicality than goodwill. They were included in an attempt to circumvent thousands of requests from distraught parents who had unsuccessfully searched for that missing piece lost under the carpets or beneath the furniture.
好多年之后,我参观了乐高的工厂,工厂经理告诉我,这些额外的积木块并不只是为了乐高的商誉,还是为其实用性。很多积木块丢在地毯中、或者是家具下面,孩子的家长很难找到它们,于是希望乐高放进这些额外的积木块,避免这种惨剧的发生。
Devalued as my collection of special bricks may have been in that childhood moment, what Lego had inadvertently achieved was to over-deliver and under-promise. And that's what stuck with me.
尽管这可能贬低了我童年时候收藏的这些特殊积木块的价值,不过乐高不经意间做到的“高服务、低承诺”却深深吸引了我。
These days, we seem to be following a reverse philosophy. We over-promise and under-deliver. Or, at best, we deliver exactly what was promised--nothing more, nothing less. Just think of that pre-packed shrimp salad you bought, where you found that there was not a single shrimp among the lettuce, only the four at the top of the plastic container. Or the big bag of potato chips that is more air than chips. In general, we are more familiar with a leaner scenario than we are with excess.
现在,我们遵循的似乎是与此截然相反的理念。我们往往言过其实,最多,不过是实现承诺--仅此而已,不多也不少。试想,你买回一个包装好的虾肉沙拉,而后来发现生菜之间其实没有一点虾肉,只有包装上印着几只大虾。或是买回一大包薯片,而其实里面绝大多数是空气。一般情况下,我们得到的比预期更少,而不是更多,而我们也习惯了。
Several years ago, I checked into the Peninsula Hotel in Chicago. I asked the concierge if it was possible to borrow some music CDs. Over the years, I'd grown accustomed to listening to music supplied by other hotels in the Peninsula group. It's a service they offer to all their regulars. As the hotel was new, the clerk politely informed me that this particular Peninsula had no CD library. Oh, well, so it goes. Yet minutes later, the concierge called to ask me what my favorite music was. Eminem, ABBA, and the Beatles, I replied. I was curious about this, but it slipped my mind as I continued working.
几年前,我住进了芝加哥的半岛酒店。我问看门人能否借一些音乐CD来听。多年以来,在半岛酒店集团下属酒店里,我渐渐习惯了酒店提供音乐CD的服务。这一服务提供给常客。由于酒店是新开的,店员很礼貌地告诉我,这家半岛酒店并没有CD库。哦,好吧,那就算了。然而,几分钟后,看门人打电话来问我最喜欢什么音乐。我回答说,艾米纳姆、ABBA合唱团和披头士。虽然很好奇,但我没太留意,仍继续工作。
About 20 minutes later, I heard a knock on my door. When I opened it, the concierge handed over a small bag containing three CDs. You guessed it: Eminem, ABBA, and the Beatles. "This is a personal present from us to you," the concierge said. "Welcome to the Peninsula."
大概20分钟之后,我听到敲门声。开门之后,看门人递给我一个装着3张CD的小包。你猜是什么:艾米纳姆、ABBA合唱团和披头士。“这是我们送给您的私人礼物,”看门人说,“欢迎光临半岛酒店。”
Now's let's pause here for a second. I've related this anecdote to hundreds of thousands of people attending my conferences--and to millions who have watched my TV appearances. My guesstimate would be that some 15 million people have heard this story. The cost to the Peninsula? About $22.50.
现在,让我们暂停一下。在我的会议上,我当着上千出席者讲述了这个故事,而还有百万观众通过我参与的电视节目听说它,我估计加起来有约15万人。半岛酒店的成本是多少呢?约22.50美元。
Needless to say, the Peninsula experience is far from common. However, every time I hear consumers raving about a brand, almost without exception it's been the result of the brand over-delivering. In a world where promises are routinely ambiguous or broken, when we encounter such service we find it, quite literally, remarkable. Small acts of generosity imbue us with that rare feeling of being cared for or considered by a company. Perhaps, when it comes down to it, we're still kids falling under the spell of surprise. If it's better than what we expected--or hoped for--we remember it above all else.
当然,我在半岛酒店的经验并不常见。然而,每次我听到消费者在热烈讨论某个品牌时,几乎无一例外地,它做到的都超过承诺。在这个世界上,承诺常常模棱两可、甚至被完全破坏,所以遇到这种服务时,我们会觉得--毫不夸张地说--卓越。这些细微的慷慨行为,让人感到公司对我们的关心、和周全的考虑。也许,归根结底,我们还是憧憬惊喜的孩子。如果事情比我们的预期、或希望更好,我们将一直记住它。
Who knows? Maybe the brand manager responsible for your favorite brand will not only read this article, but will act on it. Don't get your hopes up--catering to you may cost a few dollars more than what has been budgeted. After all, few people are willing to step outside the plate and eat into the budget that's already been set aside for things like consultants or social media ads.
谁知道呢?也许负责你最喜爱品牌的品牌经理,不仅会读这篇文章,而且还会有所行动。不要抱太高的希望--满足您的成本可能超出预算好几块钱。毕竟,很少有人愿意突破常规,为此而减少留给其他事务的预算,如顾问和社交媒体广告。

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 分享分享
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|知讯网    

GMT+8, 2024-5-20 01:21 , Processed in 0.059370 second(s), 23 queries .